During the trip
Air travel may have physical and psychological effects: stress, abdominal disturbances, earache, swelling of the legs, various pains, sickness.
Some recommendations to stay in shape during your trip:
- Avoid large meals before and during flight
- Relax, breathe deeply, because stress increases the gastric acidity and abdominal discomfort
- Stay hydrated by drinking water or any fruit juice ; avoid alcohol and caffeinated beverages because of their diuretic effect
- See a doctor for treatment against motion sickness; during turbulence, keep your eyes fixed on a stationary object
- For your personal hygiene, wash hands regularly