Air travel may have physical and psychological effects: stress‚ abdominal disturbances‚ earache‚ swelling of the legs‚ various pains‚ sickness.
Some recommendations to stay in shape during your trip:
- Avoid large meals before and during flight
- Relax‚ breathe deeply‚ because stress increases the gastric acidity and abdominal discomfort
- Stay hydrated by drinking water or any fruit juice ; avoid alcohol and caffeinated beverages because of their diuretic effect
- See a doctor for treatment against motion sickness; during turbulence‚ keep your eyes fixed on a stationary object
- For your personal hygiene‚ wash hands regularly